June 22, 2012

Summer Show in Copake


Now through July 20th, a group of my Polaroid photographs are on view at the Copake Country Club. The photographs were taken with my collection of vintage cameras using expired Polaroid films and experimental instant films by The Impossible Project, a Dutch enterprise whose mission is the revival of instant photography.

Each photograph is enlarged and printed on aluminum with a dye sublimation process. The result is deep color and luminescence, and the imperfections inherent in Polaroid film become painterly in the process.

I am pleased with how the images work together in this show, and I hope you will pay a visit. Join me for a wine and cheese reception on Sunday, July 1st from 3:00 to 5:00.

After the Copake show closes, I will be hanging a large selection of photographs in Tivoli, NY. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment